April 13, 2020
Having Dental Pain? Find an Emergency Dentist in Ann Arbor
You’ve had tooth pain for days. You’ve taken aspirin and tried to wait it out but it still persists. You decide to be seen by an emergency dentist but aren’t quite sure what to look for. There are many defining traits of a qualified emergency dentist. Read on to find out how to choose the right emergency dentist in Ann Arbor for you.
Traits of a Good Emergency Dentist
Not all dentists have the same training and experience. There are tried-and-true things that you should look for when choosing an emergency dentist. Some of the trademarks of experienced emergency dentists are:
- Same Day Appointments: Good emergency dentists will make sure to see you the same day you have your dental emergency. They make sure to treat you comprehensively and get you out of pain as quickly as possible.
- Comprehensive Treatment Options: Your emergency dentist should be trained to treat any sort of dental problem that might come their way. A skilled emergency dentist be well-versed in your particular ailment and be able to treat you without a problem.
- Special Training in Trauma or Emergencies: Emergency dentists spend a lot of time continuing their education. Many spend a year-long residency at a hospital after dental school. These dentists have extensive experience with trauma and dental emergencies.
- After-Hours Availability: Many emergency dentists will be on-call even after their office closes. These dentists will be able to see emergency patients on nights and weekends, times when other offices will be shut down.
- Sedation Options: Dental pain is never fun to deal with. Emergency dentists will have sedation options available to make your experience pain-free and comfortable.
Looking for these indicators will put you on the right track towards finding the right emergency dentist to fit your needs.
How Can I Tell If My Dentist is an Emergency Dentist?
During your next appointment, have a simple chat with your dentist about their approach to treating emergency patients. If they meet the criteria previously mentioned, they’re a good fit if you’re ever having an emergency.
Knowing what makes a good emergency dentist is invaluable. It will help you to make the right decision in an otherwise stressful situation. Take a deep breath, keep a level head, and the right emergency dentist in Ann Arbor will have you smiling again in no time.
About the Author
Dr. James Olsen loves getting patients out of pain. Since graduating from dental school, he has been committed to continuing his education and providing the best dentistry possible for his patients. He has studied at the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies and is a member of many renowned dental groups, such as the ADA and Michigan Dental Association. If you think you may be having a dental emergency, Dr. Olsen and his team are here to help. They can be reached by email or over the phone at (734) 526-4762.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.