Experiencing Tooth Pain? Call Ann Arbor’s Emergency Dentist
There are many kinds of dental emergencies, but do you know what they all have in common? No one ever plans for them to happen. Trust us when we say that they are always unexpected! Fortunately, you can have a plan on what to do should you ever find yourself in the middle of a dental emergency, and that plan should be to call Dr. James Olsen.
Dr. Olsen and our team are able to handle a wide variety of dental emergencies in-house, and we always try to see emergency patients the same day that they call in. Basically, if you’re ever in pain, we won’t keep you waiting. If you or a loved one ever experience a dental emergency, try not to worry, because we will take care of you.
We Can Help with the Following Dental Emergencies:
- Knocked out teeth
- Partially dislodged teeth
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Severe toothache
- Abscessed teeth
- Object stuck between the teeth
- Injury to the lips, gums, or jaw
- Pain or swelling in the face
If you have suffered a broken bone in addition to your dental injury, or if you can’t stop bleeding after 10 minutes, be sure to head straight to your local emergency room first. Only contact us after you have been cleared to leave! If you’re unsure whether or not your situation is an emergency, just give us a call, and we’ll be happy to let you know what you should do next.
Tips to Avoid Dental Emergencies
- Always wear a mouthguard when playing sports, contact or otherwise
- Don’t chew on extremely hard items like ice, rock candies, etc.
- Don’t use your teeth to open bottles, packages, or remove tags.
- Come see us for regular checkups and cleanings so we can catch a small problem before it turns into an emergency later!